fotoshop

Thread: fotoshop

Thumbs up fotoshop

What's the best free photo-editing program ( i'm a beginning photographer

its actually photoshop... look into downloading stuff from torrent sites on google and you can get anything for free... no joke man

The program you want depends entirely on what you want to do. If cropping and resizing is all you're gonna do than the "Paint" program that should already be on your computer (bundled with windows) will work fine. If you want more than that like photo manipulation and other fun features and abilities like shopping and warping. I was part of a game modding forum a few years back, and many of the Members used GIMP. They were creating textures and images on par with professional programs like Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I hear it has a major learning curve though, and doesn't have an intuitive interface so probably not best for beginners. Paint.net is another one I hear is good. I've never actually known anyone personally who uses it. But where I've seen it mentioned it's highly recommended.

I can't vouch for them myself as I've never needed to use them. But as far as free programs go they're probably your best bet.

+1 for the GIMP. Free (open source) and does 90% of what Photoshop can do. That said, pro's generally don't use it and they are the ones writing the best tutorials. You can still find some good writeups on the GIMP for basic stuff.

http://www.gimp.org/

Cafe Fuzz

If your novice, you might have some issues with Gimp (or at least I did)...I found Adobe was a bit easier on the learning curve. Download the trial first to find if its right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.