LGOS Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LGOS Discussion Thread

Default LGOS Discussion Thread

Rules

1. Have fun.

2. All tricks must be done rolling. That means ROLL UP and ROLL AWAY. (whether or not you were rolling enough will be decided by a vote of the other players)

3. This is a FLATGROUND only game of skate. Once the board leaves the ground, it must land four wheels. No rail landings, manual landings, caspers, or 50-50s.

4. When matching, the trick must be done fairly clean. No toe-drag, the skater must be moving, with both feet solid on the board. You cannot stop and then tic tac away, you must land and roll away. When matching some sketchiness will be allowed but not very much.

5. When it is your turn to set you will have 3 days to set. If you do not set within 3 days you will be given a letter and it will be the next persons turn to set. We are playing on U.S eastern time

6. Players are given 4 days to match the trick, this can be made shorter when there are fewer players in the game, failing to match the trick also results in a letter. Again U.S eastern time!

7. No trick can be set more than once.

8. All tricks are due 4 days after the trick is set. I will notify everyone of when it is due.

9. When you match or set a trick, post it up in the thread called “LGOS 9 tricks thread” this makes the tricks easier to locate instead of sorting through millions of pages of discussion. Please no discussion in that thread.

10. After you match and set the trick you must hold up the hand sign(shown below)in front of the camera. It must be in the SAME clip as the trick no editing or splicing. If you fail to show the sign the trick will not be counted.

11. The person running the game will decide if a trick counts, if a verdict cannot be reached within the group. If you are unsure if something counts, first post it in the Discussion Thread for discussion amongst the players.

12. This is a LEARNERS game of skate. If you can already tre flip, varial heel, 360 ect... move on to another difficulty. If I feel you exceed what is expected in learners game of skate you will be asked to leave the game.

13. Bonelesses, no complys, handplants, rail, or 50-50 tricks will NOT be allowed.

14. The person who runs the game will pick the setting order randomly from a hat

15. Must have 100 posts and positive reputation, we will have 10 players.

16. Extensions may be allowed as needed, but not to exceed the deadline of the following trick. If you do not communicate that you need an extension before the deadline time, you will be given a letter.

Now that we have our members let's start. The setting order is as follows. Thank you Random.org list generator!

1. Dynamiq
    2. [T]
    3. ComicStix
    4. Bindinify
    5. nidoyam
    6. Samuel S.
    7. WalkingCarpet
    8. Reo
    9. Donovan

Remember guys 3 days to set and 4 days to match. This game runs on EST.
    Let's get it popping and remember HAVE FUN AND LEARN NEW THINGS!

I <3 Successful Negro!

Damn 7th
    Oh well

Dynamiq, any idea on your set?

Veteran Member

About time this started, im psyched.

Good luck to everyone, it should be a ton of fun. And maybe we will get to know each other better. (wow that sounded corny)
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/nidoyam"]My Youtube Channel[/URL]

Keep Shredding.

User Title

^ not corny at all, dude.
    this should be fun, i need to work on a couple new tricks i've been trying for this.

Yea, i was out practicing a few tricks, Its cool because these games of skate get you to try really hard to do new tricks. Its cool because theres a few tricks ive been putting off and im actually hoping someone does them so i can spend some time trying them.
    Merging doublepost
    Oh and i dont know if you guys have already but i would subscribe to this thread and the tricks thread.
    Last edited by nidoyam; 06-07-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Keep Shredding.

User Title

Quote Originally Posted by nidoyam View Post
    Yea, i was out practicing a few tricks, Its cool because these games of skate get you to try really hard to do new tricks. Its cool because theres a few tricks ive been putting off and im actually hoping someone does them so i can spend some time trying them.
    Merging doublepost
    Oh and i dont know if you guys have already but i would subscribe to this thread and the tricks thread.
    yeah, i like them because theres no pressure to have to land the trick first try right then. i like to play games of skate where you have a minute and a half to land the trick, and you don't have to land it first try. skating shouldnt be a major competition.

Yea, theres too many people who forget what skating is about. People take competitions wayy too serious too. A few weeks ago i entered into this huge game of skate competition sponsored by és and i knew i wasnt going to win because im not very good, but i still entered, just for fun. And you know what, it was a ton of fun even though i lost.

Keep Shredding.

So Jacked for this, cept I suck at flatground and gonna get owned. But I'll give it my best. Learn some of those tricks I've been putting off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B][URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DSI-Black-Barely-Used-3-Games-Extras-/260661175161?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cb09de379"]Nintendo DSI + 3 Games + Extras - FOR SALE - eBay Auction[/URL][/B]
    ---
    [B]"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions."[/B] - [I]Blaise Pascal[/I]
    ---
    [B]Calling Atheism a Religion is like calling Baldness a hair color.[/B]
    ---
    [SPOILER]
    [CENTER]
    Letters you have gotten will be highlighted in Green
    Bindinify Set Due August 25th
    (-) Not Matched (X) Matched
    ---
    1. Samuel - SKATE (-)
    2. Bindinify - SKATE (-) Set Due Aug. 25th
    3. Deathwish 93 - SKATE (-) Extension (Aug 24th "Boardslide")
    4. Cptn_Craig - SKATE (-)
    5. Trebor - SKATE (-)
    6. Arodsteezy [COLOR="Green"]S[/COLOR]KATE (-)
    ---
    [/CENTER][/SPOILER]
    ---

Retired Staff

You'll be cool dude, think of this just as motivation to try some new stuff. I can barely ollie, so, I'm just hoping this'll give me a push to try other things too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

Barely Ollie -.- You might struggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [B][URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DSI-Black-Barely-Used-3-Games-Extras-/260661175161?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cb09de379"]Nintendo DSI + 3 Games + Extras - FOR SALE - eBay Auction[/URL][/B]
    ---
    [B]"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions."[/B] - [I]Blaise Pascal[/I]
    ---
    [B]Calling Atheism a Religion is like calling Baldness a hair color.[/B]
    ---
    [SPOILER]
    [CENTER]
    Letters you have gotten will be highlighted in Green
    Bindinify Set Due August 25th
    (-) Not Matched (X) Matched
    ---
    1. Samuel - SKATE (-)
    2. Bindinify - SKATE (-) Set Due Aug. 25th
    3. Deathwish 93 - SKATE (-) Extension (Aug 24th "Boardslide")
    4. Cptn_Craig - SKATE (-)
    5. Trebor - SKATE (-)
    6. Arodsteezy [COLOR="Green"]S[/COLOR]KATE (-)
    ---
    [/CENTER][/SPOILER]
    ---

Yeah, this should help me get motivated to learn new tricks and to get my basics consistent haha. So when's his set due June 10th at what time?

User Title

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    You'll be cool dude, think of this just as motivation to try some new stuff. I can barely ollie, so, I'm just hoping this'll give me a push to try other things too.
    i'm gonna feel like a douche when i set my trick now.

Retired Staff

Haha don't worry about it. It's just a game dude. If I can't do it, at least I gave it a shot. I have awhile to try and get it sorted anywho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

blah blah blah

Im awaiting a tre flip or a halfcab flip on here, so that itd motivate me to do one

Retired Staff

Yikes. I'm willing to try. I'm become a little more fearless as time goes on. I've been eating it hard at the park haha. Today I tried to Ollie up a transition thingy doodad and hit myself in the groin and strained a thigh muscle. Last week I landed flat on my face and bruised the bones on my elbows. Before that, I bruised both ankles during a failed kickflip. I'm confident my bones are indestructable
    Posted via Mobile Device

Haha and you gotta remember that these games last around 2-3 months and you can get much better in that time haha.

Are there any restrictions for the first round? Like no switch/nollie and no flip tricks? orrr

blah blah blah

So basically a set is posting your trick and a match is matching another persons right?
    So is it 4 days after the game begins we have to set or 4 days after the guy before posts his set and people match it?

And im wondering... first few tricks have to be simple or something?

Retired Staff

Considering it's a learners game, if you grind down a rail, execute a 180•, land a manual and make a sandwhich you might be over doing it. From what I take fellah or gal number one has 3 days to do something, and we have 4 to match it. Goes down the list etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

blah blah blah

yea thanks man, btw its a flatground GOS so were not allowed to do stairs, no comply, boneless's or grinds