Old Days

Thread: Old Days

Default Old Days

Who else is super nostalgic about the old days? Ive lately been. Searching old music havent listened to in forever like boxcar racer, same with cartoons on streaming sites.

How I miss those days when I dreamed of skateboarding an getting better at it.

My peak so many years ago, stepped on it for the first time in like 8 months last week, wow I miss it. Can nollie kickflip still, but have no energy at 31, an spending all day everday doing nothing but drinking (or working). Miss those old days so much. Been missing those old days an old stuff used to watch.

who feels the same, 90s music an 90s skateboard attitude just growing up

Ive also spent several thousand an still now, on old score dbz cards to relive youth (if anyone has any ill buy). Who else is this nostalgic. Being an adult sucks so much an my spare money goes towards the old days. I wish I could skate more but my drinking means I have no energy, an ptsd, no energy.

Gravity Slave Moderator

This sounds a lot like my 30s.. Drinking more, actually doing fun stuff less. It used to be that drinking was a way to enhance some activity like a concert, sports event, or recreational activity. Somehow, the drinking became THE core activity and those other things were occasionally done to enhance the drinking (smoking, etc..). I had to give up the alcohol completely as I'd passed the point of no return. One is too many and hundred isn't enough once I start drinking.

Your 40s can be full of skating and other activities of you get off the couch.. with or without a beer or two.... If you're good with a couple no need to quit altogether. If you can't enjoy less than a bunch.. time to give it up..

Skate Pirate

Something about the confluence of a thousand small things - the lack of responsibility, the promise for the future, the awareness of the greater world around you.

God

I miss being able to skate every afternoon and all weekend without any responsibilites..... My teen years were all skating, my 20's were spent half skating half drinking and partying...now im early 30's and skating is a rare thing, i dont drink as much these days, i just dont have people to skate with on weekends anymore, weekdays im beat from work, im kinda over getting wasted all the time actually, this year im looking forward to more hikes, more skating (hopefully) and more doing physical things....ill end with growing old sucks, hang onto your youth boys

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I miss being able to skate every afternoon and all weekend without any responsibilites..... My teen years were all skating, my 20's were spent half skating half drinking and partying...now im early 30's and skating is a rare thing, i dont drink as much these days, i just dont have people to skate with on weekends anymore, weekdays im beat from work, im kinda over getting wasted all the time actually, this year im looking forward to more hikes, more skating (hopefully) and more doing physical things....ill end with growing old sucks, hang onto your youth boys
    you were lucky to have those days

my years 19 to 28 were mental illness an being locked up for almost a decade, which also ruined my skating, i got back briefly but turned to just drinking instead. Wish I had those good years. Skating an natures always been fun tho. Wish I got to enjoy it. Instead I had toxic people an fake friends around me who were just f'ing with me the entire time an got caught in the system

gl on future skate endeavors

Man I just found this account and I'm reading through all of my cringey teenage posts and I don't miss those old days lmao. I was such an edgy boi tryin to sound cool all the time. Closing in on 30 now and getting back into skating after a decade off and I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want. Can't say I miss my anxiety filled edgy teenage days that much though. Hope you all find a way to get back at it.