• Yes, I had a great year

1 1.37%
Page 3075 of 3076 FirstFirst ... 207525752975302530653073307430753076 LastLast
Results 61,481 to 61,500 of 61508

Thread: Post your random thought.

Word.

Being an adult is a keister pain

Gravity Slave Moderator

Seems odd to have so many more shootings and killings with so many more guns out there. I thought "an armed society is a polite society" and good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. Humm, I guess we need even MORE guns or something..

Retired Staff

It's wld about the whole aging thing I'm only 45 and have had to go to the chiropractor weekly for the last 10 years. My job is hard on my back (huh huh I said Hard On).
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I toyed with the idea of ordering the so called fight. First time ever I actually kinda hope Mayweather winds a fight. But, equally hope he gets his ass kicked too. Only of they could BOTH lose I guess. It's like the Jerry the King Lawler vs Andy Kaufman stuff mid 80s.. Had it cued up and almost clicked "order" Decided to just wait and watch the clips later..

Global Moderator

broke heat records in arizona this week.

it's technically not even summer yet.

gonna be a long one.

Gravity Slave Moderator

At Carolina Beach for my Birthday and Father's Day. Pretty good but Father in Law died Thursday and that kinda wrecked yesterday. His wife (step mom) was a mess so we drove 2 hours the other way to hang out with her for awhile yesterday. It's a messed up family. Dude didn't even call our kids his grandkids, on their birthdays.. like ever. Funeral next weekend will be sketchy if wife's sister shows up. They absolutely hate eachother.

But beach this weekend.. staying across the street from the actual beach access. SWEET! until that tropical storm gets here tomorrow evening..

Caveman

Happy Birthday NoSwitch. Condolences on the passing of your father in law.
    Very kind of you to spend time with step mom and yes, every family has it's quirks.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

God

Happy birthday my dude !

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Thanks bros.. It's been pretty decent at the beach. Storms kicked up very early this morning like 3-4am but it was done raining by time I got up. Took a cheesy reissue Vision out for a ride down the street to the boardwalk for a little while when taking a break from the sand..

Boardwalk.jpg

Boardwalk-CG.jpg

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^Close enough to Go Skateboarding Day for me. It's 95 in the shade with tropical storm approaching humidity and I just finished unloading the car from our beach trip. Hope someone gets some but not much happening around here outdoors until after sunset.

Skate Pirate

I rolled around the parking lot near us for a little while this afternoon.

God

amc to the moon baby

Retired Staff

I had to work on GSD. But I ended up making a killer roasted chicken with a friend for the first full moon of the summer.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Full moon, tons of fireflies at night, hummingbirds, deer fawns left on lawns while mom goes to eat... summer in her full glory here. Also copperheads, coyotes, and a few bobcats to look out for but that comes with the territory.

Gravity Slave Moderator

No major plans for the 4th weekend + Monday. Beach last month and small family reunion party in Dayton end of August booked for PTO. Will chill local and blow stuff up here on our own property Sunday. Clean up the burnt wreckage Monday. Seriously though, keeping it MOSTLY legal street fountains, only a couple slightly more fun stuff that goes bang locked and loaded.

Anybody going anywhere special?

God

Im just chillin out, might pull my pork later, you know gow it goes

Caveman

Nothing special here. Just trying to figure out what I want to put in the smoker.....
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Our 11-13 year old rescue pit was diagnosed with cancer in February. She was mostly fine but slowing down some the past 5 months. Often sleeping longer and not eating her breakfast until mid afternoon. Then she's up and bugging me to go throw frisbees in the back yard relentlessly. Did that almost every day, but not for too long as I know she's likely to injure herself being kinda old now. Well, she was mostly fine until she wasn't. Last month we noticed that there was a new tumor starting to grow next to where the other one was removed and her glands were swollen. Pretty suddenly, last night after a great day she unexpectedly plopped down and couldn't get back up. Her breathing got very labored. My daughter stayed with her and we did get her to drink some water, lots of water. After another 30 minutes she was able to get up and walk around, went to her bed so we hoped it was just a spell. Well, this morning she was worse, got her more water and took her to the vet knowing she might be done. The dog just shook his head and said "I'm sorry" when he saw her there on the blanket totally lame and wheezing badly. I'm just glad she had a really good day and didn't suffer like that for weeks or months of failed attempts to keep her around longer. We're bummed but glad it ended quickly after a very good life. She was such a good dog. We will mourn for a month or three then try to find another rescue pit with similar temperament. My wife and I took the day off. Wonder if my manager will approve "bereavement" leave. No big deal if that gets changed to PTO but she's a huge dog lover so I'm thinking it will fly.

That's three this year.. It happens in threes right? First mom in January, then wife's dad end of June, and now the dog. All were expected, but still kinda sudden when they happened.

God

Hopefully thats it my man, horrible year eh....hope it only goes up from here my dude

Cafe Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Our 11-13 year old rescue pit was diagnosed with cancer in February. She was mostly fine but slowing down some the past 5 months. Often sleeping longer and not eating her breakfast until mid afternoon. Then she's up and bugging me to go throw frisbees in the back yard relentlessly. Did that almost every day, but not for too long as I know she's likely to injure herself being kinda old now. Well, she was mostly fine until she wasn't. Last month we noticed that there was a new tumor starting to grow next to where the other one was removed and her glands were swollen. Pretty suddenly, last night after a great day she unexpectedly plopped down and couldn't get back up. Her breathing got very labored. My daughter stayed with her and we did get her to drink some water, lots of water. After another 30 minutes she was able to get up and walk around, went to her bed so we hoped it was just a spell. Well, this morning she was worse, got her more water and took her to the vet knowing she might be done. The dog just shook his head and said "I'm sorry" when he saw her there on the blanket totally lame and wheezing badly. I'm just glad she had a really good day and didn't suffer like that for weeks or months of failed attempts to keep her around longer. We're bummed but glad it ended quickly after a very good life. She was such a good dog. We will mourn for a month or three then try to find another rescue pit with similar temperament. My wife and I took the day off. Wonder if my manager will approve "bereavement" leave. No big deal if that gets changed to PTO but she's a huge dog lover so I'm thinking it will fly.

That's three this year.. It happens in threes right? First mom in January, then wife's dad end of June, and now the dog. All were expected, but still kinda sudden when they happened.
    Terrible to hear sir. Sincere condolences for the past year of passings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.